Monday, April 16, 2007

Monday, Monday

Consumption: 1 Cherry Blast XS, 1 HEB water, 2 cashews (I know that's random, but when Paris find one in the nut bowl she brings it to me), 1 slice of cheese, 4 Thai style Shrimp Spring Rolls, 1 Slim-a-Bear (Klondike) no sugar added ice cream sandwich, 1 turkey sandwich, a bite of cheese from Paris' plate because she said it tasted funny - it did not, and (here's the not so great part) 1/2 pint of Blue Bell Banana Pudding ice cream

Exercise: none

Clutter Control: 1 load of dishes, 2.5 loads of laundry (they're still in process), picked up all the dirty clothes from my bathroom and bedroom floor and sorted them into appropriate baskets (been needing to do that for some time, it was bad), boiled and shredded 5 lbs of boneless, skinless chicken breast and packed it in ~1 lb baggies in the freezer for future use

Spiritual Development: Had quiet time this morning at 6:15. My new rule is that I must actually TALK to Irene when she calls so that I don't treat her like my alarm clock (which I ignore on a regular basis!). I was in Luke 10 today. What I need to write about today didn't come from that quiet time though.

Saturday was a major day for me. First, Easy and I went out Friday night and had a wonderful time of conversation and relaxation (and a little exercise, but you probably don't want those details!). We talked about some of what I'm struggling with in this journey. It was great and I was able to express how I just don't know how to turn loose of some things. Saturday on the way down to my mom & dad's God released me of some things I hadn't forgiven myself for. He sent me a song via KSBJ that brought me to tears. I was glad Paris wasn't in the car asking questions. I'm horrible at knowing who sings what, but the chorus goes like this:

There's only grace
There's only love
There's only mercy and believing is enough
My sins are gone
They're all erased
There's nothing left now
There's only grace

And just like that I was released from some baggage. I cried and prayed a lot on the way down to Baytown. It was pretty amazing. Tripp and Viv just hung out completely oblivious to what God was doing in our messy suburban. Then I went to a seminar for our Internet business and was really affirmed that we are on the path we are supposed to take with that. It was a day to mark in the calendar. I was left with a new sense of peace and some excitement about taking the journey itself and not just where I'll end up.

Father, thank you for taking a ride in the big green suburban with me this weekend. Help me remember that you aren't just a passenger in my life, but that you are the driver and your directions are never wrong.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I'm glad that you were able to release some baggage and feel better. I need to work on that. Love you.

Lara said...

Wow!

Even though I missed BDS, on Sunday evening I had the opportunity at church to listen to a man by the name of Bob Harrison. He is an amazing Christian man that teaches Kings in the church about increase thinking. The meeting was only open to business owners and as I sat and listened, I looked around the room at the people I was grouped with - most of whom are spiritual and financial giants. It was extremely humbling, but very exciting.

He too, helped affirm the path that Dennis and I are on and why we are doing what we are doing with the BP business and with our internet business. As Bob said, "I am here to alter the future of the kingdom of God!"

Let's go girl! Lara

sarahdawn said...

Marlin, I LOVE YOU!!!! It's gonna be fun!!!!!