Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Defeated

That's how I feel today. It was a really rough night. Viv didn't settle into sleep until nearly 2:00 this morning. She woke up with an ear and eye infection. I didn't go walk because I took her to the doctor for her well-check that turned into a "sick appointment." This afternoon Tripp played with his poop again. Paris is apparently incapable of speaking in any way other than a crying whine. I haven't had a shower. We have people coming to our house at 8:00 for a meeting. I have no plan for dinner.

Consumption: Has been so-so. We've had party food left-overs in the house so I've been eating on that. Not the healthiest, but I have been waiting on hunger.

Exercise: Went for a family walk on Sunday.

Clutter Control: Easy and I got things pretty cleaned up for Viv's party on Saturday. I'm managing to keep up fairly well in the kitchen. It's nice to see my countertops for a change!

Spiritual Development: Still reading through Luke in my morning quiet time. I did spend some time in my Sheila Walsh book yesterday while the kids were playing outside. It was nice to sit on the back porch and enjoy some of God's creation. Tripp particularly like the mud (which resembles poop, maybe there's a connection).

Please pray for me that I can keep my head above the water. Most of the time I feel like I'm just treading water, but in the last few weeks I've actually made some forward strokes. Today I feel like all that's sticking out is my nose and it's getting splashed. I know I should probably relax. All this thrashing about will only attract sharks. I know if I relax that God will not only keep me afloat, he can lift me right up. Pray that I remember that in the hard moments.

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Praying that your head stays out of the water and that you make more forward strokes. I understand! Love you and praying for you!

erin said...

I'm sorry for your hard day. Keep up the good work.

Nellie said...

I am praying for you, Sweetie! Being a mom is a very challenging job some (most?) days. God will enable you to do whatever it is you need to do. I love you!

Perks said...

praying...
love you sister,
dmp

Irene said...

You are not alone. Thank you for that last paragraph..."if I relax that God will not only keep me afloat, he can lift me right up." Sheesh, that is hard to remember but in my heart I know it's true. I'll be praying for you.
Much love,
~Irene