Friday, April 13, 2007

Form Break

Today's post is a break in form. I'm posting now because I have a date with my husband tonight and I don't want to interrupt our evening by coming to the computer to blog later. Today has been a true day of rest for me. Paris left yesterday evening with my mom to spend some time with her Graggie & Dadoo all by herself. This morning, my babies and I slept in. Tripp (who I should probably stop calling a baby since he's 2 1/2!) didn't get up until after 8:00! V got up about 7:30 and I let her hang out in her playpen with her milk with cartoons on while I continued snoozing on the couch. The morning passed slowly, but it was fun. I had a shower and played with my kids. We played peek-a-boo, cars, tickle war, and crawl down the hall with Vivie. The afternoon was very quiet. After V went down for her nap I snuggled with Tripp on the couch until he went to sleep and then I just relaxed. Tonight I have a date with my husband. We're going out to eat and I don't know what else. Our sitter almost canceled due to a bad headache, but I must have sounded pretty sad because she called back and we made a deal. No baths, early bedtimes, dinner already done, and I'll have them in jammies before we leave. God is good. I was nearly in tears at the thought of not going out with my hot hubby. It just seems like the perfect way to cap off what has been a day or rejuvenating rest and fun. I have missed my big princess though. We've talked on the phone 4 times today I think. She's so grown up. I knew I needed the break, but man do I miss her!!! I'll be headed to my mom's tomorrow, so I probably won't post again until Sunday. Have a great weekend everyone!!!

2 comments:

debralynne said...

Good for you and good for you guys! I'm glad you were able to rest today and then get to spend some time together with Easy. Hope you had fun!

Toppooch said...

Just checking in on you. I "blogged you" so to speak. That means I wrote you or addressed you on my blog. Love you!