Monday, June 4, 2007

Manic Monday

Not really manic, but definitely a very full one!!!

Consumption: 1 TAMRS (vanilla with 2 scoops of peanut butter), 2 XS drinks, 24oz (plain) water, 1 HEB water, 2 turkey roll-ups (lunchmeat around string cheese), grilled chicken sammie on whole wheat bread with tomatoes on it and on the side, 2/3 of a peach, 1 handful almonds.

I finished the Healthy for Life (by Dr. Ray Strand) book over the weekend. You can expect to see more fruits and veggies and a lot less processed foods in my reporting!

Exercise: 6 laps at Tanglewood park pushing double stroller with T&V in it.

I also purchased to work out videos today so that on Wednesday afternoons I can do a cardio work out. This will give me 3 cardio days and 2 strength training days a week. Anything on the weekend will be bonus!

Clutter Control: Sold a box of books to Half Price Books. Bought bins and got ALL of our DVD's organized. (and put away so the kids will stop playing with them!!) Laundry.

Spiritual Development: Had my quiet time this morning in Psalm 6. It was interesting. The devotional prompted you to think about tears and crying. Those who are close know that I went a very long time with out crying. I was so stressed during my pregnancy with Viv and then trying to get moved into the house that I just sort of shut off. I didn't cry more than 2 tears for close to a year I think. Then I found out a friend had cancer and I lost it. I'm easing back into my "natural" crying. Reading this Psalm reminded me that God made us with tear ducts and they aren't there just to flush out our eyeballs when they have junk in them. He gave us emotions. He wants us to to cry out to Him and give Him a chance to wipe away our tears. I did that on Thursday. I went in to peep at Tripper before I went to bed and it felt like the whole world fell on my head. I'll have to explain more later, but I was just overwhelmed suddenly with my love for him and my desire for his future to be amazing, and filled with joy, and...normal. That night as I lay in bed I prayed that God would take care of my son, but I also prayed that He would take away my fear. I found immediate releif and drifted into slumber peacfully. God wants us to bring Him our struggles. He has comfort to offer that we can get no where else. I'm glad I'm learning to cry again. Mostly I'm glad that I've finally dicovered the peace of letting God wipe away my tears.

3 comments:

erin said...

It sounds like a full and productive day! I bet you sleep well tonight!=)

Stephanie said...

I'm crying for you right now. Not sure what the tears are but they are coming. Everything will be just the way God wants it to be. Love you and thinking of you.

Lara said...

Sarah, know in your very innermost being that the Lord God Almighty made Tripp with a specific purpose and plan for his life. Those plans are to "take care of him, not abandon him, plans to give him the future he hopes for". Those plans go for you as well. Jeremiah 29:11
Also, Jeremiah 29:13-14 says, "when you get serious about finding me and want it more than anything else, I'll make sure you won't be disappointed." I think you are on a path to get really serious about finding God. Sometimes our souls have to "get naked" before Him and it can be humbling, but know He won't fail you. Believe Him, not just in Him! I love you!