Monday, May 21, 2007

Reset!!

When I was a kid and not doing well at the video game I might be playing I would very simply hit the reset button and start over. There were some games that I reset on A LOT! I think this is kind of like that. Last week was challenging. We wound up loosing all 4 kittens. The kids wrapped up their pre-school year and Paris graduated. She is officially done at Sonshine School and "ready" to start kindergarten. I took Viv to the doctor and she on ANOTHER round of antibiotics. I'm really getting frustrated with that. There were good things too. Easy took me to Christopher's for my birthday on Friday. I go to spend some time with my folks as we looked at possible places for Nana to live her locally. It was just really busy. This week promises to be just as busy schedule wise. I thought about just waiting and hitting reset after the Memorial Day weekend (which I'll be spending at Nana's house!), but I think it's silly to wait. One of the things I know I need to work on is maintaining a healthy lifestyle in the midst of stress and hectic schedules. So, I hit reset today. Check back late tonight (or in the morning) to see how the day went.

2 comments:

Irene said...

Brilliant! A reset button! I always found that if I can just stop dead in my tracks and take two or three good, long, slow deep breaths (eyes closed if possible)I could re-focus and re-prioritize the events or to-do list for the day. Sometimes I have to do this several times/day since I tend to re-arrange priorities in my mind as I see little messes here and there.

erin said...

If only we truly had an "Easy" Button to go along with the Reset button...