Monday, September 3, 2007

Reset (again)

Remember a while back when I blogged about the reset button? Well, I'm pushing it again. Last week was a tough one. There were lots of things happening. Paris started school, Tripp had an appointment with his speech therapist, I was starting my new job at church, Tripp got sick, Vivie was (is) cutting a tooth, etc... I don't know if was the stress of all that happening or what, but I only made it through mid-week before I fell off the health wagon. I did do my video workout Wednesday morning, but that was the last time I exercised! Lack of sleep Wednesday and Thursday nights kept me in bed just trying to get enough sleep to function on Thursday and Friday. My eating was so-so. The weekend was more of the same. I actually had pizza twice. My poor body wasn't quite sure what to do with that. I honestly expected the scale to show a weight gain after all that, but somehow - by the grace of God - I still managed to drop some pounds.

I intended to get things going again this morning, but with Easy home from work for the holiday I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to snuggle and snooze with my Smooch. Paris even wound up in our bed at some point so we had family snuggle time until I got up at 6:30. So, today I'm hitting the reset button again. I had a good breakfast and I'm determined to get back in the swing of things. T&V start Sonshine School tomorrow and I actually start keeping my office hours at work. Next week will be the final transition into my crazy fall schedule. We will add in keeping P&E (children of some friends at church) for 4 hours on Mondays and going to Ladies' Class on Wednesdays. I'm glad it's hitting in phases like that. I think I might not have made it if everything had started at once.

Book Club is meeting tonight at my house. I am excited to discuss The Pursuit of God with my friends. It is a very impactful book. I still have a bit to finish, so I'll get that done today. I have come away from it realizing how much more I want to know God and to spend time with Him. I realize that my logistical life makes it a challenge to find any bulk time to spend with Him on a daily basis, but I look forward to learning new ways to stay connected throughout my day and more than anything I want to learn how to and be better at teaching my children that our relationship with God is so much more than mealtime and bedtime prayers.

So, today, I solicit your prayers as I need to Reset my routine and still have two challenging weeks ahead as my fall schedule solidifies. I have no doubt in a month's time it will simply be "what we do" around here, but the transition into it is proving to be a little more challenging than I anticipated. Peace be with all of you as you are falling into your schedules as well.

No comments: