Thursday, August 23, 2007

Challenging Week

It has been just that. Eating has been OK. I don't keep really "bad" stuff in the house so it can't be too unhealthy, but along with PMS comes my cravings for first sweet things and then salty. I've found myself sort of raoming around my kitchen a lot this week, but all in all I think I've done alright.

Exercise has been tough with the headache and all. Monday a ran 1.25 miles. (I finally tracked it) Tuesday I bumped it to 1.5. I think I have been doing the 1.25 for over a week, so I was ready to increase. Wednesday I didn't do anything but lay in my bed and clutch my head until about 6:45. This morning Easy says I didn't even flinch when all the alarms went off - and we have 4 between the two of us! I woke up at 6:00 as he was getting dressed to leave. Good news is - I felt great. So, I got up and did a work out video in my living room before Paris got out of bed. Yea me! It was the first time I've done this particular video, so I was learning the routines - not the best workout, but definitely better than thinking it was too late and not doing anything! I am looking forward to my jog tomorrow. Next week things will get intense as school starts. Easy will have to leave the house by 6:00 and Paris will have to start getting up at 6:45 so there won't be a whole lot of wiggle room in the morning schedule. Please be praying that we can all adjust and maintain the habits we have begun forming.

I have been reading in The Pursuit of God this week. Man is there some major stuff in there! I can tell this will be a book I read over and over in my life. I'd like to share a few quotes that have impacted me this week.

"The instant cure of most of our religious ill would be to enter the Presence in spiritual experience, to become suddenly aware that we are in God and God is in us."

"...the highest love of God is not intellectual, it is spiritual. God is Spirit and only the spirit of man can know Him really."

Hmmmmmm. Now, how do I get there? How do I take my hectic, busy life and rearrange things so I have more encounters, actual spiritual experience, with God? Is it found in structured daily time - and how much time would that need? Is it something that can happen anytime, anywhere, as long as I'm "open" to know it's happening? Does the intellectual pursuit of God help or hinder the spiritual experience of Him? I'd love any input you have. I am realizing more everyday how very little I know - and more importantly, how very little I have experienced. Bottom line............I want more of God......and I'll continue my pursuit of Him until I am home with Him; praying daily that He can use me to help others while I am here, away from home.

2 comments:

Nellie said...

As you have probably realized, there are not easy answers or directions for this journey. In my own experience: Yes, a deliberate, structured time is helpful - especially to begin. But it need not be so structured that you feel guilty if you don't "do it just right." Just a specific time set aside to "BE" with God is important. And also, Yes, it can happen anytime, anywhere as long as you are open. That is what is so important, I think. To be open and ready to receive. I appreciate so much the words to a song, the title of which escapes me, but it speaks of God and wanting to "Be where you are, in your presence." That's the key. That continual hunger and thirst for being in His presence, allowing His voice to be heard in the chaos of daily life. We'll talk more this weekend, I'm sure.

Lara said...

I really think balance is key. We can become so intellectually minded with things that we lose touch of reality and being able to hear God's voice over our brains talking. Then again, if we don't educate ourselves in the Word and through others who have gone before us, we won't know what to look for or listen for. I am really looking forward to meeting Monday and discussing this book. I've gotten a lot of different things from it than I did 15 years ago! Love ya!