Monday, November 5, 2007

Time for Renewal

OK folks. It's been a hard 8 weeks, but I'm coming through the other side and ready to renew the purpose of this blog. I have somehow managed to loose a few more pounds in the midst of the chaos. I'm down 31 pounds and very happy about it. I do, however, need to refocus my eating strategy. It's gotten pretty lax as of late. Most particularly with the DP - devil juice I tell you! So, starting right now I'm back to my sparkling water. I also vow to stop sneaking a piece of candy out of the kids' halloween stash everyday. I know it won't take too many of those days until the scale goes the other way so it stops now.

As far as exercise goes - not commitment from me yet. My plan is to start walking 3 days a week and do some resistance with my rubber tubing 2 days a week. I think that the jogging was too much for me at this point and contributed to the fatigues and headaches so I'm not going to take that back on until I feel more in control of my health. I'm still fighting off one heck of a cold so I'm not sure when I will add this component back in. I'll keep you posted though.

My quiet times have fallen by the wayside as of late. This MUST get fixed. I'm still working my way through the study of James for LBC. It's been kind of hit or miss as far as how much I get done each week. My book club is reading a new book and meeting again on 12/3. I just started the book and intend to finish it in time. I didn't finish last month's book. I was, um, distracted to say the least.

Oh, and if youwould like to follow along the journey we are taking with Tripp, please at Monkey Dance to your list of blogs you check. I love you all and am grateful for all the encouragement you've been giving me. I'll check in again soon.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Congrats on the weight loss! So proud of you! Keep on keepin' on!

Lara said...

Glad to see you're posting again. . . I signed in with the intent to call and check on you if you hadn't posted. A phone call was on it's way to give you a gentle kick. . . only because you know I love you! Since you've posted I'll just stick with the I love you rather than the gentle kick. I'm slow on our book club book as well, only because God has really pushed me to finish a differnt one that I'm reading first, so I'll be doing some cramming as well! Love you girl! Call me for anything! Lara